PDA

View Full Version : Savage 24: Stevens 22-410 stock question

shelbyfan
10-22-2009, 10:58 PM
I can't seem to find an answer to this, which mean I probably know the answer, but I want to confirm it before I spend the money.

I have a 22-410 with a broken zytel buttstock I am fixing for a friend. He does not care how it gets done as long as both the forestock and buttstock match.
My question is. Is there any differences in the models for the Stevens 22-410 and savage 24? I found new finished I can buy right now but I don't want to spend the money and try to fit it onto the action and not have it work.

I found a zytel stock that I can use but there is no way I will spend 170 on just the buttstock when I can get a checkered walnut set for 90.

thanks

whitetail
10-23-2009, 11:27 AM
I recently bought a stock and forearm for an old (1959) Stevens 22/410 from Byods that was listed to fit the mod. 24 and Stevens . The forearm fit perfect. Had to use the metal hardware from my old stock. But that was easy. The stock needed a little work with my Dremel tool to fit. But that was easy. (I am not a gunsmith) The stock bolt needs to be a different length to work. This bolt was a somewhat rare size. It has machine screw size 12 (not common) If I recall it had 24 threads ? per inch. I could not find a bolt at any hardware store that would work. So I bought a couple feet of allthread and cut it to length. Then I double nutted it for a bolt head. Over all it was an easy project. My old plastic stock (Tenite ?) is not broken. I would give it to you if you pay the shipping. If you want it you can email me at alanpierce@msn.com Hope this helps, Alan

whitetail
10-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Check your email, Alan

shelbyfan
10-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Big props to Whitetail. The stock arrived today and it is nice.

whitetail
10-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Glad to have helped. Good shooting, Whitetail