PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle brakes for new -SR rifles?

memilanuk
03-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Anyone tried any brakes on the new -SR rifles? It looks like they use fairly standard thread patterns - 5/8-24tpi and 1/2-28tpi for the .308 & .223 models respectively. Seems like with a crush washer and one of the various AR brakes a person could fit these guns with a pretty effective brake easily enough - for those of us who live in Communist states where suppressor use is not legal for civilians...

memilanuk
03-30-2011, 11:07 PM
BTT

Mallard57
04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi Monty(sp?),
Sorry, this isn't an answer to your question but did you see that there is a bill that has been introduced to legalize suppressor use in our state. If I read it right, the bill is on the governors desk. Hard to believe but, a Democrat intoduced the bill.
Jeff

memilanuk
04-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Yep, saw it.

Still don't believe it ;)

I'm not normally a conspiracy-theory nut, but I kinda wonder if the Dems in the House and Senate pushed it along with the tacit understanding that the unpopular lame-duck anti-gun Gregoire would veto it before it could be made into law - thereby leaving their hands clean, and they could say "Hey, don't blame me, I voted for it!" Just something odd about not being able to get any sort of remotely pro-gun legislation even out of committee, much less thru both houses, and now in the wake of the shootings in Arizona, etc. this one just sails on thru... doesn't pass the 'sniff' test.

I wonder if WDFW is paying attention... nothing in the current game regs says *anything* about being able to hunt with a silencer. Never been a need, given they weren't legal to use in WA to begin with. I'm not so worried about big game modern rifle season, but coyotes & rock chucks with a can... yeehaw ;)

Anywho... I want to do a little more barrel break-in and load testing, and then I think I'm going to order a JP comp (not the tank brake) for this 10PC-SR - its the one that is made with a 5/8-24tpi thread, has a hole sized for .30 cal bullets, and tapers to .750" at the back - just about a perfect match for the barrel on this gun.