PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Stevens 5100/311 16ga trigger guard donor? Any ideas?

jawjadawg
03-24-2011, 03:19 PM
I have worked a nice straight grip stock to replace the cracked pistol grip on my 5100 16ga. I am looking for a trigger guard to fit the stock, hopefully with just a small amount of modification. I have read suggestions in other places that an LC Smith might work, but the regular frame and featherweight trigger guards(both post 1913 production) are not wide enough to allow the trigger guard to screw in properly. The triggers hit at the rear. What other shotguns might yield a suitable donor for this purpose?

The Brownings look like they would work, but are up around $100 each for some reason. I can also special order a Galzan, which might or might not work, from Midway for @ $70. You can't return special orders, so I'd rather not jump on that unless someone already knows it will work. I would also prefer a good used guard with a finish similar to what exists on the gun.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Eric in NC
03-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Have done several straight grip stocks on 311s and was always able to get the stock TG to work with a little fidling.

jonbearman
05-06-2011, 12:04 PM
What about gunparts,maybe they have reproductions as the originals seem to be made out of potmetal.