PDA

View Full Version : The Sierra Club & the Forest Service vs Wyoming ranchers

Tommacebb
03-22-2011, 03:32 PM
My father sent me this in an email and I thought it was so funny I had to share it.

Sheep ranchers in Wyoming are having big problems with coyotes and instead of shooting and trapping the Sierra Club & the Forest Service want to use a more humane method of population control. Their idea was to live trap male coyotes, castrate them and then release them back into the wild.

The ranchers at the meeting where this was proposed were a bit taken aback and no one said anything.

Finally one old rancher stood up and said "Son, I don't think you understand our problem. The coyotes ain't screw'n our sheep, their eat`n them."

Order could not be restored and the meeting was adjourned.

drybean
03-22-2011, 05:01 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

bootsmcguire
03-22-2011, 07:38 PM
WOW!!!!!

5spd
03-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Even if its an old storyline its still funny.
I heard a version of it 15 yrs ago myself.

helotaxi
03-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I think I'd rather be shot than fixed as a dog. DRT seems pretty humane by comparison.

Monkeymaster
04-12-2011, 08:43 PM
;D
Unfortunately , that is the way A LOT of elected people think these days.
Also, A LOT of DNR people, not so much the game wardens, but others in the game departments think along the same line.
Look at the wolf fiasco. Started off that they just wanted to get some breeding pairs started, then we will let the states take over.
The only people who have taken over, are the animal rights and defender people and the lawyers.
Very unfortunate.
Remember the saying, We are from the government, we are here to help.
You might just as well through up your arms and walk away.
Good luck to those with coyote issues.
Remember the 3 S's shoot, shovel, shut up.