PDA

View Full Version : help with accutrigger

Damon
03-21-2011, 09:09 AM
i have a 110 ba in a 338 lapua mag,and every 4 or 5 sgots i go to squeeze the trigger and the sear dis-engages,or something happens,and i have to open the bolt to re-set it.i read somewhere where a few people were haveing this problem.

jpdown
03-21-2011, 10:06 AM
If you pull on any part of the trigger before the center blade has been fully depressed the sear will lock. Try it with your unloaded gun to demonstrate. What you describe usually happens when pressure is put on the side of the trigger instead of the blade. It also may happend when the Accutrigger is set too low. Increase pull pressure slightly.

rcinit
03-21-2011, 10:09 AM
The trigger is set to light. You'll need to increase the trigger pull weight. I myself adjusted mine in 1 hour increaments until the blade stop tripping when I roughly closed the bolt. Of corase with the gun unloaded and the action off the stock.

What do I mean by 1 hour increaments. Think of a clock, 1, 2, 3 etc....

Damon
03-21-2011, 10:10 AM
it did it at the factory setting of 2.5 pounds and now its set onn 1.5 and does it still,it actually did it more on 2.5 pounds.

scratcherky
03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Unfortunately, some people never get used to the accutrigger. I personally do not care for it and prefer the 3 screw trigger, but a lot of folks like the accutrigger.

82boy
03-21-2011, 11:49 AM
I would imagine that the ugly beer can looking bolt handle on that gun is very heavy. It may come down to you needing to change the bolt handle.

Damon
03-21-2011, 12:50 PM
what does the bolt handle have to do with it??besides the whole bolt is no heavier than any other.

rcinit
03-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Basicly what what we're saying is your slaming the bolt closed to hard.

Damon
03-21-2011, 03:04 PM
hmmmm slamming it too hard??? i dont think so,since i load the shells one at a time,im usually sitting down when i do this,and take my index finger and push the bolt closed,and i never shove down on the handle,gently close it since i geton target before i do anything.

82boy
03-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Nope not at all. The extra mass of the heavy bolt handle adds speed as it closes and shocks the actioning setting the trigger off, causing the problem as noted. The person doesn't need to slam the bolt down, just close it under its own weight. Savage has identified this problem and has started to add a little rubber bugger, at the opening of the stock to help absorb the shock.

k80skeet
03-21-2011, 07:32 PM
I got really tired of try to break a shot and not having my finger completely on the blade and it wouldn't fire. I fixed all my accu-triggers this way. Now I like my accu-triggers and before the wire tie I HATED THEM. I took a small wire tie and pushed the blade of the accu-trigger back and put the tie through the holes in the blade and this completely disengages the accu-trigger and no matter where or how you pull the trigger it will fire. It now works like a trigger should!!!

bodywerks
03-22-2011, 01:03 AM

Nope not at all. The extra mass of the heavy bolt handle adds speed as it closes and shocks the actioning setting the trigger off, causing the problem as noted. The person doesn't need to slam the bolt down, just close it under its own weight. Savage has identified this problem and has started to add a little rubber bugger, at the opening of the stock to help absorb the shock.

Really? Let's face it. The root of the problem is the accutrigger itself. My 110 BA got outfitted with an SSS trigger right off the bat because of all the problems I have had with the accutrigger in the past with three other savages. Its no surprise that I had not a single 'slam fire' or other sear slippage problems. I could slam the bolt closed with a mallet if I wanted to and it still wouldn't fail I bet.
It amazes me how so many people refuse to accept the FACT that the accutrigger is UNRELIABLE at any setting other than MAX spring pressure on the trigger, and even then some people still experience problems.
Get rid of the accutrigger and go with a SSS - you'll be glad you did.

rouxsdad
03-25-2011, 03:34 PM
In following this thread I see that SSS offers two triggers, the Evolution and the Competition. I'm assuming the one you are recommending here is the Evolutuion?

Blue Avenger
03-25-2011, 03:51 PM
One trigger, the compatition is a DIY the Evolution is only installed by them with there custom time and true

hipakane
03-26-2011, 07:40 PM
I fixed my accutrigger by removing the blade and grinding about 1/32 off the top of the blade. So the blade unlocks the sear in half the distance. Now It is hard to trip the sear with the blade locking the trigger. I also lightened the blade return spring.

drybean
03-26-2011, 08:21 PM
do you have any pics.

hipakane
03-26-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't have a photobucket account. But I will email you a picture.