PDA

View Full Version : E-Callers???

Pages : 1 [2]

Slowpoke Slim
12-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't have a spitfire yet, but after reading about them on preadatormasters, I think I'm going to get one. The remote sounds easier to use than the FX3. About the only "down side" between the two is you can't load the calls directly into the unit on the spitfire. You have to use a card reader for the memory chip. Plus it has 24 calls instead of 32. I think I can handle the difference. It also only has 1 internal speaker with 5 volume settings, but the feedback I'm reading says it still goes plenty loud and the sound is clear. You can also hook up an external speaker, plus it has the AUX for hooking up the jack-in-the-box if you wish.

Half the price of an FX3 is a huge plus for me. It will mean I can get the caller right after Christmas, instead of a few months later. I have too many hobbies to spread too little money around in!

(not that that's a bad thing i guess) ;D

jv250
12-06-2009, 11:24 PM
I have the new spitfire and love it. A friend of mine has the fx3. And the only difference is he can pre set calls on on his controller. As for the spitfire you have to scroll through the hole list every time you want to play a new call. Its kind of a big deal when you have something coming in to your call. But not enough to pay the extra money. Other then that every thing else between the two are very miner. My friend says he don't like the spitfire but all i have to say to him is who has laid more down with each others call and he shuts up real quick. What works good with eather call is to have the new foxpro mouth calls to go the e-caller. Let me tell you guys they come runnin when you work both just right. So I hope this helps all you guys out.

efm77
12-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Hey thanks for the feedback. I've been seriously considering one as well because I wanted one with a remote but didn't quite want to fork out $400+ for one. I've seen a few reviews too but hearing from you guys really builds my confidence in it.

Ia caller
12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I would take a close look at Wildlife Technologies and GameTraks. Both are superior and the GameTraks is the most technologically advance caller in existance. For instance the sound is sent out in a 360 degree radius. That may be worth saving your money for. Other features also.

5spd
12-07-2009, 10:41 PM
If you want customer service with your ecaller then all you will want is a Foxpro.

Just about everyother MFG is a joke when it comes to taking care of YOU the customer, which means you are on your own after your purchase.
Ive owned many over the years and should of went with the best from the start.

efm77
12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure about some of the others but Foxpro claims to be American made and that always makes a big difference for me. I consider myself patriotic and try to buy American as much as possible even though that's very difficult to do these days, especially when it comes to electronics. I think I will give the spitfire a try, it seems to be very good and most folks have good opinions about it. I was a little skeptical of it at first but I've only seen pictures of it. It looked like the housing was a little cheap and would break easily, but I like the remote feature and how many calls it has on it.

yotesniper
12-23-2009, 12:35 AM
I have tried all of them and have used all of the Fox Pro's and am now using the Fox Pro GX-7 Fury. For me the fury is the way to go. This call is not cheap but is well worth the money spent. I have set mine out at 800yds and have been able to keep control of it. Only trying to beat a buddies 750yd coyote record. Under 300yds is sure to work every time. the features this call has is like no other. Buy direct from Fox Pro and get it loaded with the sounds you want.

Yoda
12-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Maybe this will help.
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=311528#Post311528

Three44s
12-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Over at Pred. Masters there have been some "fights" over WT callers ..... some members getting so visceral that you could envision "blood on the net".

I have no dog in that fight, I have a friend with a WT. My opinion is that for the money and their sound package they are too proud of it. The range on the older units was phenomenal, volume of sound and remote range.

But the thing that separates most callers into camps for or against the WT caller is the owner of the business.

Feature this: What does a guy sound like that tells you EMPHATICALLY that coyotes and all other animals are stupid?

Does BLOW HARD resonate?

The owner of WT can think as highly of his product or himself all he wants to .... the world is a big place and there is a lot of god's green earth but the customer service is selective ...... either he likes you ...... or he does not and he trumps his calling advice so steeply .... it's hard to sort the wheat from the bull crap.

I have listened to many sounds from the WT and I believe the coyote sounds are very good ...... and though his lion sounds are about the only ones out there that count ....... they were (are?) way off the gold standard. They are coug sounds alright but recorded at such a far distance to almost fall of a cliff.

The folks at Minaska and Fox Pro have been catching up and don't have trouble getting their hats to fit ...... and in fact are real stand up folks.

In the above linked test, the WT had grand range but the newer model with a legal remote does not. I think the now smaller WT's still have more remote range than needed because having E-caller "a half mile" from you makes very little sense unless you want to blast things with a "Fifty cal".

Sound importing is a good thing to have ....... WT locks you out in the cold. My good friend and WT customer that gets along very well with the owner could not get him to accept one of our sounds given freely to load onto his call when he was having it loaded up some more (I think this friend's library stands at around 54 sounds now).

Myself, I have a couple of homemade set ups and have not plunked my dough on any of them because they all seemed to be "works in progress" ....... but both Fox Pro and Minaska callers seem pretty fully cooked by now ..... but I am also pretty stuck on my stuff at this point.

Here's a link for Minaska:

http://www.minaskaoutdoors.com/

Regards

Three 44s

desertdog
12-27-2009, 01:13 AM
if you set up right. i think that is all it takes. but anything can happen!!! you will need to adjust that's the difference. good luck. 8) dd