PDA

View Full Version : chargemaster 1500

jglover_81
03-13-2011, 05:39 PM
I have been thinking about one of these and was wondering if anyone has used one and how they have liked it??

2recon
03-13-2011, 06:26 PM
after i started using mine..the only question i had was why i waited so long...it sure speeds things up.worth the money in the agg is saves.

dcloco
03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
There is a couple tricks to use the the Chargemaster that helps quite a bit more.

Remember...these are mass produced. They have a variance of up to two tenths +. Not bad by any means...but do remember that if you are working up loads with fast powder or are working over the edge.

max
03-14-2011, 09:01 AM
I just received mine last week and love it. I"m using IMR8208XBR in my .223 and it drops the charge spot on every time. So much faster than weighing charges.

jglover_81
03-18-2011, 05:14 PM
how about other brands ???

Samdweezel05
03-18-2011, 06:07 PM
The big selling feature of the Chargemaster for me was the lack of warm up time. I bought mine about 6 years ago and when looking at others like the Pact they required something like 30 minutes to warm up before you could use them. I don't know if that's still the case. I can't say that I ever heard anything bad about there performance but I am glad I went with the RCBS. Tens of thousands of charges later it has never given me any issues.

viper9696
03-18-2011, 06:24 PM
I love mine and another factor for me was you can buy the dispenser and scale seperate in case one would go down. A buddy had the lyman and it was JUNK

Senderofan
03-18-2011, 06:28 PM
I have an older chargemaster....I recently added a Hornady Autocharge to my stable. I really like the Hornady Autocharge. I purchased the unit pre-release and got a really sweet deal. My complaints about the chargemaster...takes longer to set it up and it seems a lot more sensitive to the slightest breeze...and will freeze up. I still have the old workhorse....but the Hornady gets the nod currently. Also...both units are +/- 0.1 gr. accuracy....and I've checked both.

I think the new Hornady Autocharge is worth a look at. The Chargemaster is a fine system...but there are alternatives out there as well...IMHO....YMMV!

Wayne