PDA

View Full Version : Primer cost

Pages : 1 [2]

Hammer
10-24-2009, 11:40 PM
A lot of my current primers were purchased at $13 per thousand.

Some were bought for $9 per thousand.

Still got Hodgdon powder bought for $2.99 per pound.

Sierra Matchkings for $3.50 per hundred.

CJ in WY
10-25-2009, 06:09 AM
Sportsmans Wharehouse had Remington primers a couple weeks ago limit 2k for $29/k. Pickt up 1000 7½ benchrest and 1000 9½ primers...That aught to get a start on next years doggin??

tdnichols
10-25-2009, 10:53 AM
It's a sad day when someone is accused of creating the problem of higher prices because he had forethought to purchase larger quantities to support his hobby and now doesn't have to spend more money for the items he bought years ago. I call that planning others say someone that has over a 100K of primers the problem. A VERY SAD DAY> You should be ashamed of yourself and learn from his example. ???

firemachine69
10-25-2009, 11:32 PM
I was down to about 100 WLR primers so I was finally forced to buy more from one of the price gougers that happened to have them in stock. When I could still afford to shoot a LOT, I was paying around $20 a pound for powder and now it's $27. A bit of a jump in a year and a half but not a criminal price hike. I used to pay $18/1000 for primers last time I bought them a year and a half ago but the other day they cost me $45/1000. I'm near Boise, Id. The rapist was Cliff's on Five Mile. What are others currently paying and is there a trend towards a price drop yet?

That's pretty brutal. I just paid $39.95 a couple weeks ago for those very same primers.

And that's from our only local gun shop that sells reloading supplies. In Canada.