PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Guard Screw Loose?

HawHee
03-10-2011, 12:21 AM
My Model 16 FHSS in 300 WSM was made in August 2010 with an Accustock, and I haven't yet fired a round through it. One night, my curiosity got the best of me, and I tried to take the action out of the stock. The first screw I turned was the rear trigger guard screw, and it seemed awfully loose to me. When I backed it out completely, a curly piece of plastic came out with the screw, which had very course threads, almost like a wood screw. Then I tried to tighten the screw back into the stock, and it would not tighten, acting as if the hole was stripped out. Has anyone else experienced this issue? My stock has the wedge, and I am hoping that I will be able to tune the stock for accuracy while I'm in the process of working up a hunting load. I have read the instructions by Mr. Bezzina, and will follow them exactly.

GaCop
03-10-2011, 06:39 AM
It is purely a wood screw to help hold the trigger guard in. Fill the hole with quick set epoxy and re drill it or try 242 Lock Tite IF the hole isn't too big.

HawHee
03-10-2011, 09:43 AM
GaCop,
Thank you for the tip; I thought there might be a fix such as you suggested, but wasn't sure. Have you had any trouble tuning your Accustock for maximum accuracy?

GaCop
03-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Can't help you there, I've never owned an accu-stocked rifle. I've read here in the forum that some users have removed the wedge because it's a PIA. I'm certain an accu-stock owner will chime in and set you straight on the wedge.