PDA

View Full Version : 10fxp stock/muzzle brake options for a new owner

BattOpGrunt
03-09-2011, 12:52 PM
So I'm really happy with my 10fxp .308W, but alas there is always room for improvement. Not shooting custom loads as I am not ready to go that route. As for factory loads, Federal Gold Premium Sierra Match King BTHP are excellent and by far the best of the 8 different ones I have sent down range. This is by no means a high power match rifle, I have something a little better in mind for that come years end.

So my questions are pertaining to some upgrade options. I'm not exactly sure which stocks I should be looking at, which do you suggest I start with? Muzzle brakes have always been nice to me, would that be a decent option to look into on this barrel?

Hit this new savage owner with some experienced knowledge and suggestions.

Scalian
03-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I would suggest taking a look at the picture thread. There are a ton of pictures with the kind of stock they have listed along with them. Be a good way to get to see what they look like in a gun.

ellobo
03-09-2011, 08:17 PM
For stocks check out StockysStocks, SharpShooterSupply, Boyds, Richards Microfit, B&C (Bell and Carlson) and many other supplied by merchants who sponsor this website. As for muzzlebrakes, I never thought of one on a .308, they just dont kick that hard to me.
El Lobo