PDA

View Full Version : 7stw on a 110 action

calib
03-09-2011, 02:15 AM
has anyone here built or had a 7stw that was on a 110/ long action? i have a 110 action and am going to build a 7stw, but looking at what these rounds are going to have for a c.o.l. i dont thing i am going to be able to use the factory magazine. what should i do, or what have you guys done.

thanks

KRP
03-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Single shot...or modify the action and magazine.

calib
03-09-2011, 02:37 PM
how would i go about modifying the action and or the magazine

wbm
03-09-2011, 08:59 PM
You don't have to modify the action but you can modify the magazine. I just got through building one on a 110 action and in order for the bullets to feed from the magazine you had to seat them to far into the case. Mine is a center feed magazine so I took my Dremel tool and ground a slot down the front of the magazine so the bullets could be seated out further. I ground the slot just deep enough for two rounds to fit in the magazine. My magazine was made for a 7MM Magnum. Another option is to buy a Savage magazine that is made for a RUM...they are longer and if your magazine well is long enough it should work. Mine works fine with 160g bullets and I don't see a need to buy a longer magazine. If you want to shoot the really long Bullets like the 180g Berger VLD's (and I think you will) you will probably have to shoot them as single shots.