PDA

View Full Version : scope won't fit

JASON_SCHROEDER
03-08-2011, 11:52 PM
I have a 116 25-06 and a Leupold VXII 4-12x40 that I am trying to mount on it. The scope is too short and I can't get the correct eye relief with it. I had it mounted with Weaver 402M extended mounts and Med Burris Zee rings, but that wasn't far enough back. I just bought an EGW one piece and thought I had it whipped. Even with the EGW I can't move my scope back far enough as the scope bell hits the EGW. I think it would work with high rings, but I am worried it will be too high. Any ideas on any other bases I could try to get this scope to work? Thanks for any help.
Jason

tammons
03-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Cant think of much, except you need a one piece rail and medium or high rings.
Pretty common with a long action and a large front objective.

The cheap weaver one piece base is very low profile.

Dont know what rings you have, but the burris xtr rings are med=1/2", high=3/4", extra high 1"

Smokey262
03-09-2011, 12:59 AM
I had a similar problem and solved it by cutting off the un-needed extra length from the front of the EGW base. I made it smooth then applied the blackening chemical to it.

JASON_SCHROEDER
03-09-2011, 08:39 PM
I was looking at doing that Smoke. Just wanted to see if there were other options before I cut the EGW.

jpdown
03-09-2011, 09:08 PM
The Burris Extreme Tactical 2 piece bases may do the trick on a LA with that scope.