PDA

View Full Version : new stock

cdizzle6984
03-06-2011, 10:11 PM
hello fellas i have a savage 110 in .270 i was looking at cabala's and the new tactical 110 BA is beautiful and i want the stock the sku# 3020651 if anybody wants to look it up and on midwayusa.com theres one that's #147291 now midway says that stock will not fit due to my center feed is there a way around that cuz mine is pre accutrigger but has a black synthetic stock and when i shoot i lay down or "prone" as I'm told i love the rails and the stock from cabala's Ive asked both sites but no response so i figured id ask u guys if there was a way to have mine fit and also even tho its a BA i want like a 10 or 20 round magazine but when i turn my stock over theres no screws to take it out its built into the stock or something I'm a mechanic so I'm sure i can figure some stuff out but completely out of my element here also looking for a .338 lapua barrel but cant find one just.458 way to big for what I'm doing any help would be greatly appreciated

bootsmcguire
03-07-2011, 12:19 AM
If you have a Centerfeed (CF) Long Action (LA) it will fit a Stagger Feed (SF) stock, you just have to shim the CF mag into place. To remove the mag from the factory stock just put a little preassure behind the silver clip at the rear of the mag and just pop it out. Do a search here on the site, there have been many threads talking about converting a CF to fit a SF stock. The LA is easy cuz you just have to shim the mag and the bolts are on the same spacing. The Short Actions are harder because they have a different bolt spacing. Adding a detachable high capacity mag will require a conversion of some type. SSS is a site sponsor here and they offer some H.Cap. Mags and bottom metal and there are several others out there. I am sure someone else with a little more knowledge on the mag conversions will pipe in here. I have never had much intrest or need for it. Hope that is some help.

GaCop
03-07-2011, 07:37 AM
It will also depend on the stock. I just built a 6.5 lapua on a Stevens 200 that was 270 Win. The centerfeed mag box would not fit in the Stocky Stock mag well, the well is about 3/4" bigger than the 270 mag box.

I have converted staggerfeed to centerfeed in a walnut long action stock with a smaller mag well but that much excess room was more than I cared to fiddle with trying to get the mag box in the exact location to feed properly.

bjones2571
03-07-2011, 02:09 PM
GaCop...Pm Sent.

GaCop
03-08-2011, 09:14 AM
PM answered.