PDA

View Full Version : SSS High Capacity Mag Question

deadeye
03-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Figured you guys would be the fastest way to find out if the SSS 9 round mag extension comes "complete" or is it simply the box extension and spring that you use with your current mag?

Also, the early ones I know used heat shrink to put two springs together. Is that still the case or is it one long spring now?

82boy
03-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Figured you guys would be the fastest way to find out if the SSS 9 round mag extension comes "complete" or is it simply the box extension and spring that you use with your current mag?

Also, the early ones I know used heat shrink to put two springs together. Is that still the case or is it one long spring now?

It comes complete, and they no longer offer the change over kits, this is due to all of the variances in Savage's magazine box's, and fitting the aftermarket stuff to them. They still use two springs, it works well. Don't expect to order one right now, SSS is re-engineering the way the mags are made, they are time consuming, hard to get proper materials for, and difficult to make.

artifex
03-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I ordered one last October... still waiting. As long as it works when I get it, worth the wait I suppose.