PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shooting 110 BA in Lapua?

Jaco
03-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi,

I have a friend that is seriously considering the 100 BA in .338 Lapua. However, he has been surfing around the net and seeing some no-so-favorable reviews on the accuracy.

Realizing that some things on the internet may not be true ;) and everyone's shooting ability is different, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this gun and, if so, what kind of accuracy are you seeing?

Thanks,

-J

bodywerks
03-07-2011, 05:12 AM
I have one and was having accuracy issues but it turned out that I was trying to get 100 yard accuracy out of a round that is designed for much longer ranges. The other day I took it out to about 400 against a boulder and while I did not measure the group there was just one big crater in it, about 3 inches.
Unfortunately for me, however, uncle Sam wants more of my money so I have to let it go. Might even be stupid enough to see what my local gun shop will take it my hands off it for tomorrow.

ellobo
03-07-2011, 08:11 PM
As has been said, this cartrdge is for long range. The bullet does not stabilize until it is out there over 100 yds. The problem is "Nutation" so called. Go back a few pages and there is a big discussion on it you may want to read. I wouldnt worry about accuracy in that rifle unless you are going to shoot shorter distances. Go back 6 pages for the info I mentioned.
El Lobo.

bgc
03-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I went with the 110 BA 300 Win Mag and have had very good results with accuracy.
The brass is 34 bucks at my LGS and the projectiles are cheep. I like the idea of shooting the 338 Lapua but not the price.

Damon
03-08-2011, 01:35 PM
im getting 1/2 groups at 200 yards with mine.i havent tried it any farther yet.