PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage mark II, is this normal?

Geno
03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey guys new to the sight, thanks for having me. I just got a new mark II f and it seems the bolt handle is scraping the receiver in the track as I seat the bullet. Right where the bolt handle comes off the bolt it is square and that pointed edge of the square is rubbing on the bottom of the track as it goes from 45degrees to fully seated. It is wearing the bolt handle on that corner ever so slightly, ive only worked the action a few times. So is this normal? She gonna iron herself out or do I have a bad one? Appreciate any advice thanks

Geno
03-03-2011, 06:57 PM
now it wont feed or extract well. not happy

tammons
03-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Send it back.

Hawkeye 250
03-23-2011, 08:21 AM
I had the same problem with mine when it was new but I put a small amount of molly grease on the so called track you speak of and also on the ramp at the rear of the bolt.
Cycle the action 20 or 30 times real quick, wipe away the grease and repeat a few more times.
You'll be amazed how easy it will cycle now.

Also open the 2 tangs that hold the round into the magazine a pooftinth of an inch (a very small amount) so that the round sits up a little higher but wont fall out. You'll find it should load a little easier too.

I did hear that some chambers were bored tight and causing extraction problems but a box or 2 fired through it should clear that up

Geno
03-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Excellent tip hawkeye, I almost have it all ironed out. Happy again, just a little struggling and yesterday I shot a ten group at fifty yds under 1.25 inch. Just gotta get it to feed better, your idea seems like a good one about the magazines. Seems like the last one and two give the biggest trouble.

zap
03-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Geno, try some wolf match when you get a chance. ;)

Geno
03-23-2011, 01:59 PM
yeah match ammo was my next step, see what it can really do. Too fun. Savage rules!

quickkillaught6
03-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Geno, i had the same troubles you spoke of. I put jb lapping compound in my gun and sat on the couch for about 35 mins and worked the action back and forth and it lossened it up considerably. No more problems