PDA

View Full Version : New Builds

weewilly
03-02-2011, 05:08 PM
With so many new people building(So Easy A Caveman Can Do It) and so many new Stevens due to the sales at so many places, it has become a several month wait for parts. By the time you collect all the parts,bolt heads,bolt handles, triggers, stocks, barrels and sundry other items you have changed your mind to want to build something other from what you started. There must be many,many people now building,as it is hard to find parts, so many out of stocks,and behind on manufacturing,and getting them shipped to you. If I can get these last 2 built I am through for a While. Bill

Adam K
03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
That's the truth. I'm waiting on 2 barrels and I need 2 bolt heads, but things do seem to be taking a longer every time. That reminds me, you have any extra bolt heads laying around? ;D

pdog06
03-02-2011, 09:45 PM
If I can get these last 2 built I am through for a While.

Yeah right!!!! :D

I've tried telling myself that before as well ;)

weewilly
03-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Barrels and stocks now seem to be the easy parts, with barrels a short wait is usually expected, and stocks usually a few days at least from Boyds and Stockys. Bolt heads, Bolt handles, metal trigger guards, and parts I got a year ago within a couple of weeks, are now non-existant or out of stock. Had an order in for bolt head and other small parts for a month and a half and have not heard anything, already had barrel and got Boyds stock in 10 days. Waiting to get this one put together, But looks like I may get the other new barrel I ordered, which I have the stock for and needs no other parts except trigger guard to be built first. Sorry no extra bolt heads at this time. Bill

pdog06
03-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Where'd you order the bolthead from? A buddy of mine just ordered one from Kevin @ Stockade and had it in less than a week. I did the same a few months ago.

Give him a call if you want to get that thing running...

You could also try Numrich gun parts

jonbearman
03-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Brownells for bolts and small parts but no bolt heads without an ffl.It is thier internal rule.