PDA

View Full Version : Savage 116 Stock

sauced10
02-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Just got a 116 300 Win and it has about 70 rounds through it. I was at the range today and when I got home to clean I noticed my barrel was wobbling pretty good and my action screws were really loose. Is this something I need to keep an eye on with the 300? anything to worry about or check? I torqued them to the spec

Best 3 shot group today was a .75 with core-lokt 180's @ 100.

ellobo
02-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Torque to spec with a little blue Loctite on the threads, the kind that will let you break them loose if you have to. If the barrel ut was loose and the barrel moving you had better check the headspace after tightening the barrrel nut. Use a fired case as a gage.
El Lob

sauced10
02-28-2011, 03:00 AM
Torque to spec with a little blue Loctite on the threads, the kind that will let you break them loose if you have to. If the barrel ut was loose and the barrel moving you had better check the headspace after tightening the barrrel nut. Use a fired case as a gage.
El Lob

Looks like I don't have an accustock after removing the stock. The 2 action screws came loose causing the action/barrel to wobble in the stock. Barrel nut doesn't look like it came loose. Tighten screws and I should be good?