PDA

View Full Version : bedding stevens with centerfeed mag

neotekz
10-20-2009, 05:12 PM
im going to bed my stevens soon and was wondering what im going to do with the rear pillar with the L bracket that holds the mag to the stock. i was thinking of just taking out the bracket and somehow find another way to attach the mag to the stock maybe some glue or velcro. if i leave the bracket i don;t see how i can bed that pillar it covers all the area around the pillar. im going to make that rear pillar floating so should i consider just not bedding it? are there any pics out there of how the rear pillar was bedding with the L bracket, i would prefer to keep it.

GaCop
10-21-2009, 06:17 AM
When I bedded a centerfeed, I removed the mag/"L" bracket and bedded as normal. I then recut the notch for the bracket and redrilled the pilot hole for the screw. Bedded a second one that I used the singleshot follower on and didn't have to do any recutting/drilling.

scratcherky
10-21-2009, 07:25 AM
What screw??????

neotekz
10-21-2009, 12:19 PM
i found out that you dont need to use that bracket to take out the mag, you can do it by pulling up on the mag itself. What i was thinking now is to just cut the top part of that bracket that goes over the bedding area and bed the whole thing.