PDA

View Full Version : New guy but old shooter from NC.

pizzabox
02-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Newbie here. Glad I found the forum. Seems like a knowledgeable bunch.
I've owned a Savage before but it was a commemorative .308 lever gun which I still miss.
Just purchased a 110 FCP from Dick's Sporting Good's. It's one that maybe is specific to Dick's. 110 FCP 22" fluted heavy barrel .308 with a Desert tan stock. Accu-trigger with an oversize bolt handle. Don't like a tan stock so I'll paint or replace. Scoping it with a Kahles 2.2x9 x42.
Anyway, Howdy.

rsbhunter
02-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Welcome...as a newer member myself, i can state that these guy's on this site know their stuff, and if they don't know the answer, they can tell you where to find it....Now you'll find out about the "Savage Fever".....rsbhunter

Tim300wsm
02-26-2011, 05:07 PM
welcome aboard i work for dicks that is one of our exclusive rifles thats a great shootin gun i too hate the tan stock though if it were me id look into a new one lots of option for that gun

pizzabox
02-26-2011, 05:25 PM
welcome aboard i work for dicks that is one of our exclusive rifles thats a great shootin gun i too hate the tan stock though if it were me id look into a new one lots of option for that gun

Thanks for that. Correction Mod 10 which I think denotes short action.
What stock or mods would you suggest?

Larrymc27
02-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Welcome,
This site may be hazardous to your wallet, ego, and your like of other firearms.
Were glad to have you
Larrymc,

Tim300wsm
02-26-2011, 08:47 PM
the hart lrt, the sharp shooter supply lvt, hs precision or one of the model 12 factory stocks stockade also makes nice stocks ive never delt with stockade but ive heard good things about them i would not stick with the accu stock i personaly hate them

trentriver
02-27-2011, 02:19 AM
what is the cost of the Dick's rifle?

pizzabox
02-27-2011, 09:58 AM
what is the cost of the Dick's rifle?

With coupon, $649

pizzabox
02-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Welcome,
This site may be hazardous to your wallet, ego, and your like of other firearms.
Were glad to have you
Larrymc,

As a senior member of the M1A forums,(speaking of lots of $) thanks. A decent shooting M1A = about 4 savages depending on which model Savage. :o Then there's the Les Baer 1911's. ::) I figure the Savage is going to be a deal in comparison. As far as rifle re-loading, no full length re-sizing and elaborate cleaning of gas system for a start. Already have a scope that was more than the rifle. Now, the ego is another matter all-together ;D

Tim300wsm
02-27-2011, 10:56 AM
if u get the savage bug they get expensive fast mine is worth more than my car ;D

DannoBoone
02-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks for that. Correction Mod 10 which I think denotes short action.
What stock or mods would you suggest?

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Thumbhole-Replacement-Stocks-Savage-Stevens-s/36.htm

or

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Dakota-Hunter-Replacement-Stocks-Savage-Stevens-s/167.htm

or

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Classic-Replacement-Stocks-Savage-Stevens-s/35.htm

I've gotten three stocks from them which are better stocks than one I got from Richard's at three
times the cost.