PDA

View Full Version : choate stock

piercedone
10-20-2009, 12:38 PM
I have the chance to buy a Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock, and have both a 110, and a 112. But my question is can it be used left handed and how hard would be it be to convert to a left handed version as both of my guns are left handed..

johnds
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM
As I recall, all you have to do is cut a channel for the bolt handle. I have found that a round wood rasp works best for me when cutting on my stock. If I were you, I would call Choate Machine, ask to talk to Fred and quiz him. Are you sure you want the ultimate Sniper stock as opposed to the ultimate varmint stock? I was glad I went with the ultimate varmint after seeing the ultimate sniper model.

brianinca
10-20-2009, 07:50 PM
>>>>
I was glad I went with the ultimate varmint after seeing the ultimate sniper model
>>>>

Same here, the slope on the forend is not so good for bags, and it's irrelevant when shooting from a bipod.

Regards,
Brian in CA

Newt
10-20-2009, 10:12 PM
What they said! ;D
The Sniper stock is a heavy beast. If you'll be shooting benchrest exclusively and you have massive hands, it's fine. Otherwise look further.

johnds
10-21-2009, 12:10 AM
What they said! ;D
The Sniper stock is a heavy beast. If you'll be shooting benchrest exclusively and you have massive hands, it's fine. Otherwise look further.

They are both heavy. The sniper is not really good for bench rest because of the shape of the forearm.