PDA

View Full Version : 12 FV for F Class

fivesomewhere
02-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Hello all, new guy here. Looking for thoughts and opinons about using a 12 FV in .223 for 600yd. F class.
Havent bought a gun yet, but this one is in my budget range. All opinons welcomed, especially those that
can save me money. Thanks.

Nefarioud
02-23-2011, 03:25 PM
F-T/R is big fun!!!!

My only concern is that you check the twist rate on the barrel. My friends and I use 7 twist barrels and shoot 80's and 90's for F-T/R 600 and 1000.

If you don't get a fast twist (at least a 9) then it will be a long day at the range. Even a 9 twist is marginal, now that I think about it, because it limits your bullet weight to the point where your results will be iffy. 69's will make 600, but I'd hate to be limited to such a light bullet.

If the price is right you could get it and change the barrel to a faster twist. If not I'd spend a little more initially and get one with the 7 twist, but those are less common and only found in the Low Profile and LRPV that I'm aware of.

helotaxi
02-23-2011, 10:04 PM
My 12FV shoots the 75gn Hornady HPBT really well. Haven't tried the A-Max. If you go the custom barrel route, 1:8 is sufficient for everything except the 90s.