PDA

View Full Version : New Savage 111 questions

fireman91186
02-22-2011, 02:11 PM
So I am new here and new to the savage group. This last Saturday I bought a Savage 111 in the 7mm new from Big 5. This one did not come with the accutrigger and I was wanting to know if it can be added or not. And if it cant can should I just have a trigger job done on it if I don't like it or would that just void the warranty? I don't have the gun yet as you know I have to wait the 10 days so I am just trying to find out as much info as I can and for some reason there doesn't seem to be much out there on the 111.
Any info would be much appreciated on this rifle. Before I bought it I didn't do that much research on as I was looking at the edge or axis models but this ine was on such a good sale I didn't want to pass it up.

And I hope I put this in the right section and if not I apologize for that.

tammons
02-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Sounds like an older model.

Put an SSS trigger on it. Best trigger out there IMO. About $80.

They are easy to swap so if you need to return the rifle for a warranty just swap it back.

shooter98
02-23-2011, 11:48 AM
It sounds like you bought the same rifle I did
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,39988.0.html

It is what's called the package gun. Did it come with a scope?

I actually really like the older style 110 trigger. Very easy to adjust. I have mine set down to 1.8 pounds right now and works very good.

The 111 is a great gun, you can pretty much just call it a 110 as that's what it is except it has a drop out mag.

jrw1976
02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Fireman,

I have 2 111's both in the 7mm and I love them. I would just adjust the trigger yourself they are great guns for the money. I would also recommend you bed the action and free float the barrel a bunch more. I have done this with both of my 111's and my 110 that are all in 7mm rem mag and with my handloads they all shoot 3/4 MOA if I do my job consistently. Good luck and welcome to the savage clan.

JRW