PDA

View Full Version : .300 WSM in the Long Range Hunter

TORCHRIDER
02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Anyone have any experience with this rifle/round combo?
What kind of accuracy can I expect? How well does the factory brake work?
Will the .300WSM shoot the High BC bullets OK or should I go with the std. Win Mag?

k80skeet
02-28-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't have a Long Range Hunter but have ( 300 WSM) that I bought for a Moose hunt. The though was after the hunt was to buy as cheap rifles to take on the hunt and then sell them after the hunt. Did ever get a pleasent suprise these 2 rifles shot better than my wildest dreams. They would shoot anything I loaded under 1" from 150gr to 200gr and with 150gr Nosler ballistic tips, 165gr Nosler Ballistic tips and Nosler 180gr Partitions all went under 1/2" groups time after time. I though I have something pretty special but I had 2 friends that bought 300WSM's one was a Browning the other was a 116 Savage weather warrior and they shot every bit as good as the 2 I have so I think anything you buy in 300 WSM is going to shoot no matter who makes it. I think the Long Range Hunter would be a excellent choice. I have a 7mmWSM it shoots good but nothing like the 300WSM. I would say it is probably just inherently accurate caliber far better than the Winchester 300 Mag