PDA

View Full Version : what fits a Stevens 200 with minor mods

rsbhunter
02-20-2011, 03:52 PM
As the title states, i really like some of the B&C classic style stocks....but they only show for the old style 110 ...i want the Medalist style with the shadow cheekpiece, but IS there a way to modify it without getting into a major rebuild?....Is there any synthetic stocks for the stevens 200 that are more "classic" in design? Thanks, rsbhunter

bootsmcguire
02-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Do you own a 200 in the LA or SA? Is it SF or CF?

rsbhunter
02-20-2011, 04:57 PM
They are the centerfeed, and i am building both a LA and a SA....rsbhunter

rsbhunter
02-20-2011, 05:04 PM
What i'm looking at is the Bell & Carlson Medalist in the Savage 110 here:http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-33/medalist-aluminum-bedding-block/Detail
will the alum bedding block(on a long action) work? I guess i could figure out the centerfeed clip arrangement...i hope! rsbhunter

bootsmcguire
02-20-2011, 06:23 PM
with the LA it should just be shimming in the mag and cutting for the mag-clip and you're set, but I have no first hand experience with that stock.

KRP
02-20-2011, 07:11 PM
with the LA it should just be shimming in the mag and cutting for the mag-clip and you're set, but I have no first hand experience with that stock.

That's it pretty much. I just eliminated the clip on mine and bedded the mag box in place.

rsbhunter
02-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Excellent! And thanks for the info....any clues on the short actions...i read you have to redrill the frt action screw location....no problem on a wood stock...but any can, or will it work on a stock with an aluminum bedding block? Thanks, rsbhunter

bootsmcguire
02-21-2011, 01:09 AM
you've pretty much got it. Plug the old hole and redrill the new one on the SA's. Shim in the mag same as the LA. On the aluminum beeding block I don't know, I mean you could plug it with something like JB Weld or another machinable epoxy, or possibly even press in an aluminum pin in the old hole and redrill the new one. I haven't tried it, but from a machinst's standpoint I can't see why not.

rsbhunter
02-21-2011, 02:02 PM
I was worried abut moving the screw spacing to the 4.440 , would it screw up anything on the aluminum block, is there anything at that point (where the screw passes thru the alum block) that would make it not work, or just "not right"...Thanks for all the help..you guys have REALLY made my day, as i really want to use one of the B&C Medalist stocks for each of the builds...LA and SA...rsbhunter

bootsmcguire
02-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I really can't say for 100% sure, but I can't imagine anything in there that you would screw up by redrilling.