PDA

View Full Version : some clarification please

smiddy
02-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Hi there, new to the forum new zealand

I have two stevens 200s, both with the magazines in the stock. One short action one long action. The short action is a 7mm08, i have a boyds coming for this, but think its going to be to heavy

The long action is a 25-06, soon so be 6.5-06

Now aftermarket stocks, savage 110s? Are they the same but with differnt magazines??
I can modify a new stock and bed the magazine into them no worries.

I just want to know what stocks will fit my actions and i know that i have to bed the magazine into them, these are hunting rifles and budget not really a problem

bootsmcguire
02-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Since your blind mag is in the stock, you should have Centerfeed Guns. The Long Action Stocks should all have the same bolt spacing. The Short Action CF guns are 4.40 inches Center to Center on the bolts. The Older Stagger feed SA guns are 4.27 inches Center to Center. On both LA and SA if the stock is for SF then you will have to bed it in and trim the groove into the stock for the mag clip (near the rear action bolt/screw). On the SA stocks if you are retro-fitting a SF stock onto a CF gun, you will have put in the groove and also plug the front screw hole in the stock and redrill at the CF spacing.

Hope some of that helps and makes sense.

Boots

smiddy
02-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Yea sweet as mate. Thanks.

The b & c ones look nice