PDA

View Full Version : Custom work on action

rsbhunter
02-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Posted this in the Stevens and other Savage models section, but thought i'd post it here, as it pertains to Savages as well: Hi, i am looking for suggestions on who would be willing to do some custom work on a Stevens 200 SA action. I am looking to do lightning cuts in the action on the rear of the receiver, as well as the side from the rear to just before the front of the receiver....not into the front lug area (saftey, and strength). I know that Fred @ SSS flutes the bolt bodies, does any one know if it reduces the weight much, and is there a better way to flute the bolt to reduce weight...for an example of the action flutes, look at the Savage arms site, new 2011 rifles, the new model 11/111 light weight hunter, use the magnifying option and look at the rear of the reciever....Thanks rsbhunter

k20350
02-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Williams Gunsight (of sight fame) in Davison MI has a lightening package they do on actions. Be warned it is not cheap though. Their gunsmithing is second to none. The smith that does this work is a ACGG master gunsmith.