PDA

View Full Version : Stock options

Chrisba
02-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi I am new to the forum and have a few questions. I recently purchased a Stevens 200 SA CF .308 WIN. I am looking to replace the stock and barrel. Since I am in the stock forum I guess you would assume I am looking for a stock. I have noticed that centerfeed stocks are limited. I am not looking to spend a fortune. Would it be cost effective to try and find a take off AccuStock. I have also seen where people have converted DuraMaxx stocks but as far as I can tell these are LA only. Any other low cost suggestions would be appreciated.

psharon97
02-18-2011, 01:36 AM
What are your budget constraints?

GaCop
02-18-2011, 07:46 AM
The Choate Tactical would work on your short action and it won't break the bank, being around $200ish. For a good heavy barrel, I'd talk to either Devin at SinArms or Jim at Northland Shooter Supply. Both are forum sponsors and great to deal with.

wsmitty01
02-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Read other post, these are a great deal!
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,39934.0.html

82boy
02-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the site.
A accu-stock will not fit your gun, The accu-stock uses a trigger guard mounted bolt release, no longer has the side bolt release, uses a different recoil lug, and other things, but don't fret the accu-stock doesn't live up to the potential of a good aftermarket stock.