PDA

View Full Version : problem with receiver not being level?

TitanX
02-15-2011, 02:04 PM
https://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=559442

came across this thread, which had activity all the way into Jan 2011. Anyone see this before?

ellobo
02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
It has been discussed extensively. Scope mounting offset is a problem that can be taken care of in various ways, like Gurris "Z" rings with inserts. Its not a new problem, I once had a model 99, no longer made, that had scope mtg holes offset to the left side of the reciever by about 5 degrees.

El Lobo

TitanX
02-15-2011, 04:19 PM
The posts i linked to did not deal with horizontal plane (viewed top down) offset, but rather vertical mismatch between the receiver before and after the bolt opening. It further appears to be limited to the Weather Warrior (model 16) rifles, at least thats all that is talked about in the thread. The root question is it 1. an intentional design by Savage, or 2. a machining error that QC missed?

Now we are not talking about an amount of mismatch that is miniscule and just a "tolerance", but an amount of mismatch that would damage or break a scope when mounted with 2pc bases (or wouldnt mount on a 1pc base).

bluebu70
02-28-2011, 11:43 PM
I just found this post after posting a similar one today. It appears that the issue is not limited to the weather warrior as I have a 10 FCP HS that looks just like the one in the link. I am going to call Savage tomorrow, I hope I have better luck getting information than that fellow did.

Tex_Hunter
03-01-2011, 07:24 PM
deleted original post** after seeing bluebu70's post with photos using a straight edge... thats pretty bad