PDA

View Full Version : shimming a centerfeed

calib
02-14-2011, 08:43 PM
i have heard that when replacing stocks you may have to shim the magazine to make things fir and sit rite. i have recently gotten a choate tactical stock and am in need of help with the shim thing

bootsmcguire
02-15-2011, 01:30 AM
May not have to shim on that one, I believe they make that ready to go for the centerfeed. Ussually you only have to shim if you are retro fitting a 4.27" to a newer 4.40" Centerfeed.

calib
02-15-2011, 05:35 PM
i dont know exactly how the magazine is suppose to fit in the stock, but when i put it in the choate it can rock front and back. its like it sits too low in the front

bootsmcguire
02-15-2011, 07:27 PM
That is possible I guess, I help my buddy put his model 12 in that stock for the centerfeed and his was tight. You may have to put a little shim material around the mag, possibly in the front or a little underneath. Trial and Error is the name of the game.

calib
02-15-2011, 11:50 PM
thats what im guessing ill have to do is shove some stuff in there see where it loads and works best then figure out how to keep things in place

calib
02-20-2011, 04:12 AM
anyone done this i shot my new build today forming brass and testing seating depths and it was a pain to single fire with no mag or follower or anything there. need to get this done

calib
02-26-2011, 02:33 AM
looks like i am gonna have to convert to a single shot cant get this magazine to sit right. any suggestions either way magazine or single shot?