PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: How's this pprice for a .22 mag ?

forger
02-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I have had several .22 mag rifles over the years, although a couple were acceptably accurate, but none outstanding. My last bolt action was a Marlin 982L of which I did not like the accuracy...so I traded it for a Savage 93R17V..which is greatly accurate. I hate to give up on the mag. I have one in an H&R but I would like a bolt.
On Saturday, I stopped by a local dealer and saw he had a brand new base 93F with accutrigger. It had a tag on it for $179 and I almost bought it because the price seemed so good. Do you agree that this is an outstanding price...or am I mistaken ?

bootsmcguire
02-14-2011, 02:15 AM
NTB, the 22WMR in a 93FV at our local retailer is $259.00

forger
02-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks, Boots;
I thought it was quite reasonable..

Anybody have experience with the accuracy of the plain-Jane 93F.. .22 mag w/accutrigger ?

bootsmcguire
02-14-2011, 02:44 PM
I have the 93FV pre-accutrigger. I love mine. Shoots MOA and better out past 100yds. I found the Win Supreme and CCI's TNT and V-Max loads are the best. Stay away from the soft lead loads I think they are called Dynapoints, I can't remember for sure cuz all i shoot now is the Supreme. Squeriell and Rabbits worst nightmare. I have several Centerfire guns with the accutrigger and can see no reason not to have it on a rimfire. All mine work just fine.

TOP PREDATOR
02-19-2011, 03:53 PM
179.00 is a normal price, which is actually good when you think of it the kind of performance you get for that amount.

if it is abase model, it's probably a sporter barrel (not heavy) and a non accutrigger.

correction, i just seen you typed the "V" after the F, and that it has the accutrigger. i would now say it's a an very good deal, especially new.

buy it if it's still there.

forger
02-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Whoops ! No "V", but it does have an accutrigger. I bought it this morning and plan on putting a lower price scope on it. I want to keep the scope low and light weight for a "woods walker" rifle..so I'm thinking a Simmons .22 Mag, 4X, a Tasco pronghorn 4X or a Simmons 3-9X32..
I want to keep it lightweight, because my Savage 93R17V is of course, wood stock with bull barrel and I will see my 75th summer this year.
Any other suggestions for a low priced scope w/ 32mm or less objective lens ?

TOP PREDATOR
02-20-2011, 10:31 AM
for 69.00, go to walmart and get a 4-16 40mm centerpoint. you'll be amazed on the clarity and the options this scope has. it is probably the best value scope out there.

even if you are not a fan of higher power, you can always leave it on 4x. it has an ill. mildot reticle, numbered target turrets, adj. obj., adj eyebell, comes with rings (kinda crappy, grab some weaver quadlocks while there), and flip up lens covers.

it compliments the rifle well, and is a hell of a bargain, i have one on my .22mag and .22lr. the .22 mag has been in rain, heat, cold, snow, ice, dust, for 4-5 years and still the scope is dead on and clear.

i know it doesn't fit the description you gave for the scope, but you get so much for 69.00 it's well worth the few extra bucks.

forger
02-20-2011, 08:25 PM
TOP PREDATOR;
I already have a 4-16X40 Centerpoint on my Savage 93R17V... and you are not exagerating about the high value for the bucks which the Centerpoint scopes represent !
You did give me an idea though.. I also have a 3-9X32 centerpoint on a Marlin 795 semi-auto .22. I believe I will put that Centerpoint on my Savage 93 Mag...and put a 4X on the Marlin...

thanks for the memory jog .. ;)