PDA

View Full Version : some oddities about model 11s

TitanX
02-13-2011, 12:35 AM
2 questions, which may have easy easy answers.

A. Why is the accustock not offered on the LEFT handed model 11 (is offered on the LH model 16 and right handed 11s)

B. Why on the weather warrior (model 16s), which are hunting rifles, does savage insist on a high gloss SS finish vs a matte (dull) SS?

Song Dog
02-13-2011, 11:27 AM
on "B" I have thought the same think LOL I put camo vinyl on my barrel.
I wish all barrels were a matte finish, but there are some that wants a shiny one.

Cycler
02-13-2011, 09:51 PM
I have two Model 16s and a Mark II BTVLS and, while they aren't mirror shiny, they are indeed a rather smooth finish. As noted, some camo tape or a rattle can of flat black paint would cure that problem pretty fast.

As to Accustock offerings and left-handed actions, Savage's distribution of both features seems rather arbitrary.

TitanX
02-13-2011, 10:43 PM
have you used a tape that is very durable and doesent leave a terrible glue mess to clean off?

TitanX
02-13-2011, 11:10 PM
I have two Model 16s and a Mark II BTVLS and, while they aren't mirror shiny, they are indeed a rather smooth finish. As noted, some camo tape or a rattle can of flat black paint would cure that problem pretty fast.

As to Accustock offerings and left-handed actions, Savage's distribution of both features seems rather arbitrary.

no, they arent "mirror" shiny, but they are brigher than say the Browning "matte" stainless. On a hunting rifle, cant figure why savage would opt for anything brighter than a flat or matte finish.