PDA

View Full Version : 10 fcp hs precision

jskmtd
02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Well I have been reading the forums here for quite awhile. About a month ago I bought my first savage a model 10 fcp he precision. I have been working up a load for it and settled on one that shoohts the 175 smk's pretty well. Today I went to the range to figure my drop to a 1000 yards. After a little shooting I had it and shot a 3 shot group. After driving down to the target to look I had to wonder why it took me so long to buy a savage. 3 shots 5" even. Not bad for a factory rifle. I'm pretty sure it wont be my last savage. I know, I know, 3 shot groups don't count. :) :)

rsbhunter
02-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Welcome to the forum....and hold on! About 2 years ago i bought my first Stevens 200 in 223...i now have 4 in my safe, and three are being rebarreled before they even are shot!!!! Need to order one more bbl. and these will be started.....This will become an addiction....they shoot that well....rsbhunter

usmc_mwroseberry
02-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Welcome to the forum....and hold on! About 2 years ago i bought my first Stevens 200 in 223...i now have 4 in my safe, and three are being rebarreled before they even are shot!!!! Need to order one more bbl. and these will be started.....This will become an addiction....they shoot that well....rsbhunter

That's why I only have one Stevens because once you get two of them they start breeding.

Welcome to the addiction.

And a load the worked best from my old 308 barrel was the following.

175smk
Winchestor brass
CCI 200
43.7gr BL-(C)2
OAL 2.814

Good Luck,
Merritt

jskmtd
02-12-2011, 01:49 AM
I can see how these rifles become an addiction I have already been thinking about building a long range hunting rifle with a savage action in 280 ackley improved.

guhunter
02-12-2011, 03:41 AM
I can see how these rifles become an addiction I have already been thinking about building a long range hunting rifle with a savage action in 280 ackley improved.

It seems as though we have similar tastes. That is what I have rolling around in my head right now. Have a stagger feed, stainless long action with accu trigger thats going to become a 280 ackley hunting rifle very soon.

jskmtd
02-12-2011, 12:55 PM
What barrel and stock are you going to use on the 280 AI?