PDA

View Full Version : Adding weight to a new stock

DblTapp
02-10-2011, 01:45 AM
I'm building out a Mod 10 fp LE1 in .308 and putting a Choate Tachtical Stock on it. With everything loaded on it my weight is about 11.6 lbs. and I want to jack it up about 5 lbs. with some lead shot. I notice that the pistol grip and the buttstock are hollow and seem like a great place to stuff the shot and lock it in with expansion foam to keep it from moving around.Mostly for Target and long range. but I don't want to load it up to the 18# limit if I can avoid it. Any Opinions??
Thanks ???

snipecatcher
02-16-2011, 10:05 AM
I just filled the buttstock of my Choate Tactical with sand last night, adding 1 lb, 5.6 oz for a total weight of 14 lb, 7.2 oz. I'd like it to weigh another couple of pounds, but I don't have any lead shot handy. You could do a sand/lead shot mix until you get the weight right. It would be much easier to remove than the expanding foam.
-Dan

bootsmcguire
02-16-2011, 09:31 PM
I know some people will mix lead shot and epoxy and apply it to the cavities and voids in the stock, and if they change their mind , just dig it out.

tammons
02-16-2011, 10:26 PM
If you dont want to go the lead shot route, buy some lead flashing cut it to length and roll it up. That works pretty well.

DblTapp
02-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm Not too worried about changing my mind, But I'd rather dig out foam and lead than epoxy and Lead!!! But thanks for the suggestion. I just wanted some ideas on what others have done.Thanks to all again! ;D