PDA

View Full Version : stevens 200 aftermarket triggers?

turkeyhunter
02-09-2011, 11:20 PM
I was wonder what would be a good aftermarket trigger I could set around 2 pounds. How hard are they to install?

gotcha
02-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Hi Turkeyhunter, Jim Briggs @ northland shooters supply can be found in the Vendor classifieds here. He as older three screw adjustable Savage triggers for sale. I believe they can be adjusted down to 2 - 2.5 lbs safely. They run about $35.00. Jim includes installation instructions & a lighter spring w/ the trigger assembly. W/ the instructions & average mechanical aptitude you should have no problems. If you should have questions just post them here. Plenty of people will be glad to help. The Savage trigger is a direct replacement for your Stevens. Otherwise be prepared to pay $100.00 to $150.00 + for an after market trigger. Jim is a well respected member of the forum. Dale

tammons
02-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Get an SSS trigger.

Takes about 5 minutes to install.
Maybe a bit more time adjusting the overtravel and safety screws etc.

Varget 7-08
02-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Gotcha, I didn't see the three screw trigger listed in NSS's classified, am I blind or is it somewhere else?

68injunhed
02-10-2011, 05:35 AM
I think you need to e-mail him or call about the factory 3 screw triggers.

GaCop
02-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Not listed in his add. Call him, he will explain the trigger set up to you. He had the reworked cleaned and polished trigger with thinner wire for $37.50 and also has a few unmodified 3 screws left for $20. I just ordered one of his $37.50 triggers yesterday along with a 6.5X47 Criterion barrel and machined recoil lug. The wife is gonna kill me when the credit card bill comes in! Oh well, I'll die happy..........................

gotcha
02-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Spaz, No, you're not blind ! So I'm sure you're feeling better already ;D Jim has the triggers, he just doesn't advertize them. ( kind of a trade secret, so don't tell anyone)...... IHO the three lever would make a decent, reliable up grade for the Stevens in a hunting application. It's not a target grade trigger unless you are unduly ham fisted like myself. ................ Looks like GaCop will be wearing his Kevlar 24/7 ;)

GaCop
02-10-2011, 09:05 AM
You got that right Dale!

hotbrass
02-10-2011, 11:56 AM
He told me he doesnt advertise them because he doesnt always have them. I believe he said they are no longer being produced.

14suzuki
02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the rifle basics sav-1 trigger for the stevens 200 rifle. I like the rifle but the trigger pull is extremely heavy thanks

LHitchcox
02-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Honestly, the RifleBasix Sav 1 looks and works like the factory 3 screw with the exception that the factory trigger uses an external wire spring and the RifleBasix uses an internal coil spring.

dwm
02-24-2011, 09:04 PM
I have both the Rifle Basix Sav-1 and the three screw factory. (as I suppose a lot of guys do ...)

In my opinion the Rifle Basix is much better than the factory three screw, the wire spring that is used on the three screw is not very reliable when the pull weight is reduced. (or maybe I just haven't messed with it enough ;) )

I am not sure I would go below 2 lbs with one.

The Rifle Basix coil spring is much more repeatable and can be set lower.

If you are making a pure hunting rifle and plan to keep the trigger weight reasonably high, 2 to 3 lbs, the three screw would be great. (and cheap ;D)

That said, the SSS trigger is much better than either for the same cost as the Rifle Basix. :)