PDA

View Full Version : F/TR stock for Savage 12

DougMH
02-09-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking of getting a Savage 12 action w/AccuTrigger and building a rifle around it. Pretty simple process, but I'm sort of ignorant about F/TR stocks that may be Savage 12 ready.

I think you could build a very competitive rifle out of a 12 action w/AccuTrigger and a <pick your favorite custom barrel maker>, and a great stock. It would be nice if Savage themselves made an AccuStock that didn&#39;t look like a hunting rifle... or would license the AccuStock technology. I don&#39;t want to pay huge bucks to have someone doing a custom. Even a composite stock with a great aluminum bedding block would be good I think.

The Savage 12 F/TR has become popular enough that there ought to be some good drop-in stocks out there? No?

snowgetter1
02-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Have you tried to call savage to see if they will sell you a FTR stock seperately? If they would I think that would be the easiest way to get a stock.

Appleseed
02-10-2011, 11:56 AM
There have been two sold on this site since December, one was a steal. Contact Jim Briggs at Northland, he may have one, keeps a little of everything from savage. If I remember Jim&#39;s post, the 12 action will fit. Check the classified for that recent post.

Hogue is making a hunting stock as you describe...with and without bedding block, from about $150 up. Don&#39;t know if the new savages with accustock will fit the aftermarkets. Have seen some discussions here.

jglover_81
02-10-2011, 10:46 PM
I got one of those F/TR&#39;s That was sold in the classifieds ;D my Stevens 200 centerfeed sits perfectly in it!! I would definitely get a other one if I had the chance!