PDA

View Full Version : 110 bedding

tropicmaster
10-18-2009, 06:24 AM
I have not bedded my 110 into the duramax stock because it is only temporary until the LVT gets here from SSS. Once I get it bedded into the LVT will I have to rebed every time I change barrels? When you take the action out to change barrels do you " mess up " the bedding job?

pdog06
10-18-2009, 07:12 AM
nope... you are bedding that action/recoil lug to that stock. The barrel dont matter, and it should all go back in the same place whenever you take it apart.

tropicmaster
10-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Ok thanks- I was not sure if the bedding material bonded to the action or not. I guess once it hardens and you remove the action it goes right back into the imprint.

LHitchcox
10-18-2009, 07:32 AM
If you don't use release agent, it will bond to the receiver and you will have a big problem. Your bedding kit will come with release agent, but I usually use Johnson paste wax on anything I don't want bonded.

pdog06
10-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Pam cooking spray works really good too.

Best thing to do is to read the bedding how-to article on the main page before you attempt it, cause you also have to remove the trigger and fill in all the little holes and indentations in the action with modeling clay(or play-doh).

http://savageshooters.com/index.php?articleview=Stock%20Bedding%20101