PDA

View Full Version : what size game reaper mounts do I need

powerlineman229
02-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Hey guys . It is a honor to be a part of this wonderful gun forum. I was wondering, I have a savage 110 270 cal long action rifle with accutrigger. It has a round reciever and I am putting a nikon buckmaster 3- 9 - 50 scope on it. My question is that I'm gonna purchase some game reaper mounts and I'm not sure if the medium size will work or do I need the high. The dnz website says the medium will fit most 50mm with plain bell but I don't know if that pretains to my scope. I need help please because I don't want to purchase the wrong size and have to ship them back

powerlineman229
02-06-2011, 12:47 PM
I have a savage 110 270 cal long action with round reciever. I just bought a nikon 3-9-50 buckmaster scope for it. I was wanting to get the game reaper mounts for it but I don't know if I need the medium or high base.The dnz website says that the medium will fit most 50mm plain bells but I don't know if that pretains to my scope or not. I want to eventually put a sunshade on it and scope flip caps. thank you for your help.

82boy
02-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Please do not double post.
Thank you

sha-ul
02-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Be easy on him Patrick, he didn't double post, he was just slightly out of phase :P

johnnyrambo
02-10-2011, 01:15 PM
My shooting partner just put a Simmons 50mm Whitetail Classic on his Stevens 7mm-08 with the medium Game Reaper mount. It is too close for comfort. We are talking paper thin margin. The AO dial hardly has enough clearance, unless the scope is moved all the way forward. Failing that, the dial is movable, but barely touches the barrel. If one had any intentions on using scope caps, forget it. I guess it depends on how "meaty" your Buckmaster bell housing/dial is. Good luck!

jeff ff
02-16-2011, 11:01 PM
i have the same scope on my 110 25-06 tactical. use a plastic shim under ypour front mount base. i have 3 under my rear base to offset home made base set.

you will lose a litte UP adjustment but get the bell up. i used thin clear plastic from a plastic container. you dont want real hard plastic because it will "walk" on ya. i also had to widdle some plastic off the bottom of the scope cover. side paralex sure would have been nice on this model. but if yours performs like mine does you wont mind the extra work.

the glass is incredible. tracks good. i was pointing it today over a valley and pointing at houses 1/2 mile wide. i could see flies walking on a brick house no bull. i only shot 30 rounds so far so dont know about durability but if it good too, this is a much higher valued scope than the 124 bucks would indicate. get back with me on your thoughts of the scope you recieved thanks

JesterVLP
03-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Go with the medium height as long as you do not have an AO objective lens. I use a medium DNZ Reaper on my 12 VLP with a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50. It barely clears the varmint barrel but I could not machine a closer or better fit if I had my own shop. I used the same mount and scope on my 16FCSS and it had more room with the sporter barrel. I liked them so much I put a Reaper on my Accumark with a 4.5-30x50 Elite. You can find a nice selection of used Leupold rings and bases at our local thrift store......I like the mounts that much.