PDA

View Full Version : B&C Medalist vs. Stockade Tactical?

Ogeechee
02-06-2011, 01:00 AM
I just recently purchased a 10FP in .308 with 20" barrel. I want to replace the stock and think I have narrowed it down to a B&C Medalist or Stockade Tactical. I would still consider a B&C duramaxx as well. Any opinions as to which is better and why? Anyone shot both? I would probably be leaning toward the Medalist but Im not a huge fan of that forearm.
Thanks.

tomme boy
02-07-2011, 01:27 AM
The Stockade is more comfortable to shoot than the B&C Tac stock. The B&C has a very large palm swell. Some like the large palm swell, I don't. The Stockade I had flexed a little more than the Medalist in the forearm. You can get the Medalist a lot cheaper and don't have to wait. All the extras will cost you on the Stockade.

Ogeechee
02-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. When you say the Stockade flexed a little more than the B&C would you say it is on the flimsy side? Anything like the stock tupperware stock? I don't need anything rigid as steel but I am looking to upgrade from the flimsy tupperware stock.
Thanks.

squirrelduster
02-08-2011, 12:53 AM
I have the Stockade stock and it's great.
I don't have any issues with it.
I don't get any flex from it. Mine has the front rail for mounting the bipod and I don't really shoot off bags. The price on the stockades is really good and service from Kevin is awesome.

tomme boy
02-09-2011, 02:01 PM
It does not flex anything like the factory stock. If you load up the bipod like you are supposed to, you will see the forearm flex some. It is just more than I liked for a stock that was over $500 compared to a $200 one.

ajlandis
02-11-2011, 10:00 PM
I have the Stockade stock and it's great.
I don't have any issues with it.
I don't get any flex from it. Mine has the front rail for mounting the bipod and I don't really shoot off bags. The price on the stockades is really good and service from Kevin is awesome.

Ditto.

Ogeechee
03-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up ordering the Stockade from Kevin. Ordered the money saver version with a third swivel as the only extra, so it didn't cost too much. I am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

ICUDIEN
03-11-2011, 08:29 PM
You'll be waiting for awhile ;)

But I ordered a new bolt handle from him Monday and it was here yesterday, plus I talked to him on the phone for an hour. But he will be getting alot of my business.

frank1947
03-15-2011, 12:33 AM
how long did he say on that stock you ordered

Ogeechee
03-21-2011, 09:49 PM
12-16 weeks if I remember correctly. Should be here sometime in May.

frank1947
03-21-2011, 11:21 PM
reason i asked he told me 12 to 16 and he said it ships this wk that would only be 9 wks , way ahead of time whitch would be great

rinodods
03-31-2011, 06:44 AM
9wks is pretty good. I think he offers to ship in 6 if you pay an extra $100. Ordered mine Jan 20 but haven't heard anything yet. I'm not expecting anything until towards the end of April but maybe I'll get some good news as well.

Rover31
03-31-2011, 01:52 PM
gonna jump in here. I have the B&C Medalist on mine. I love it. Very solid zero flex. Loading the bipod does nothing.
T

jonbearman
04-29-2011, 01:47 AM
Thats funny my medalist is alittle flimsy in the front end.It doesnt matter as nothing touches when I am on the bipod,but it does flex and the stockades are really nice,I own one and will be getting more in the future.The medalist needs a face lift.If it wasnt for the clubby front end I would be more satisfied with it.It looks like a 2x4 sawed off too me.

Netz
05-09-2011, 12:32 AM
You'll be waiting for awhile ;)

But I ordered a new bolt handle from him Monday and it was here yesterday, plus I talked to him on the phone for an hour. But he will be getting alot of my business.

That's why I got mine in 5 weeks, I only talked for 30 minutes :}
Yea Kevin is easy to talk to, I have to say mine was purchased 2 years ago, the economy was a bit better then, why the rush now,I don't get it.....
I like the medalist also but that for-end just has to go, some like it some don't, the price is right on those but if I were to get one I'd do some surgery on it.
Curt

jwpark
05-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Thats funny my medalist is alittle flimsy in the front end.It doesnt matter as nothing touches when I am on the bipod,but it does flex and the stockades are really nice,I own one and will be getting more in the future.The medalist needs a face lift.If it wasnt for the clubby front end I would be more satisfied with it.It looks like a 2x4 sawed off too me.

Mine's on the flimsy side as well. If I put an pressure on the rifle, I can notice the gap between the barrel and barrel channel move.

Jay