PDA

View Full Version : Have the new Accu-Stock rifles shipped?

Carvera
02-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Just wondering if any of you have received any of the "newly remodeled" Accu-Stock rifles?

I know that Savage has had issues getting them out.

If you have, would you enlighten us on the changes?

possible
02-23-2011, 08:25 PM
I just purchased a new 16FHVSS last week. How would I know?. I know it only has two screws 4.400" apart.

MikeinGBWI
02-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Greetings,
If you are referring to the new design that omits the wedge, then yes. I have a model 10 that I received about a month ago that has the new design.
I haven't had the chance to remove the stock to identify the exact changes. My Wheeler torque wrench seems to have moved on to greener pastures. Until I replace it, I will not be removing my stock until I can reinstall it correctly. Yeah, I am goofy like that.
By reading in firearm related forums here and abroad, I have found that some models appear in high demand, so that might be the cause of some delay. These seem to include most of the models in the Law Enforcement model 10 series and the model 11/111 FCNS. The common denominator here seems to be the models with detachable box magazines, for what that is worth. This is just my observations based on complaints of wait time for specific models. Of course you will hear stories to the contrary... I got my 10 FCP-K in just under 2 weeks ;)

Shoot safe,
MikeinGBWI

Cycler
02-24-2011, 06:13 PM
I got a new 16FHLSS in mid-February with a mid-Januarymanufacture date and it has the wedge-less Accustock. There are only the two action screws and the wedge screw and it's bolt hole in the stock are both gone.