PDA

View Full Version : 111 Safety/Trigger Problem

WONBADASS10
02-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and in need of some help.

I have a 111 in 30-06 without the accutrigger. This past weekend I was at the range with a friend and was having problems getting the safety to engage. With the bolt open I would insert the magazine and then close to the bolt, chambering a round. Then when I would try to move the safe to the on position it was stuck, this happened a few times and opening the bolt and closing it once or twice would allow the safety to go into place. Except for one time, I couldn't get it to move and when I closed the bolt the gun fired. Luckily were always safe and other than scaring the daylights out of both of us, nobody got injured...or worse.

So my question is what is causing my troubles and what can I do to fix them?

If it matters it was cold outside, probably about 28 degrees and I had fired approx. 25 rounds that day before I started having issues.
I bought this gun used about a year ago and as far as I know, it was never taken apart and has never had the trigger adjusted.

Thank You

kleeber
02-02-2011, 12:02 AM
You should check this in the FAQ--if your trigger looks like this "three screw" model, you can see if it is properly adjusted:

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,19414.0.html

NeverNoLuck
02-02-2011, 12:07 AM
yep gotta agree with the above, had one in 30-06 also that I had to adjust safety on

WONBADASS10
02-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the replys

I'm going to read through that trigger post in the FAQ section

Thanks again

WONBADASS10
02-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I just got around to taking my gun apart and following the instructions on that link. The trigger pull weight screw was backed pretty much the entire way out and was really loose, so I adjusted it and did the bang test to make sure it did not fire, then took it back apart and put some blue lok-tite on it.

What I did not understand was that mine did not have a seer adjustment screw and also the safety did not need adjusted.

Could my original safety problem be caused by the pull weight screw being so loose?

Thank You