PDA

View Full Version : Question About the Model 11FYCAK Youth

Treetop
10-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Based on the performance of my new Savage Model 10 FLCP, I'm thinking about buying my wife a Model 11FYCAK Youth to replace her Remington 700. The Remington has the standard length of pull and it's about an inch or so too long for her.

I can't find a length of pull listed anywhere at the Savage Arms website. I even downloaded the catalog, hoping to find some specifications on the youth models, but I'm not seeing the LOP mentioned anywhere. Does anyone here have a Savage centerfire youth model? If so, could you measure the LOP for me, or direct me to the Savage specs re: youth model LOP?

This is a great forum, I really enjoy reading the posts! BTW, my next rifle will be a Savage Model 93R17BTVS Left Hand, so I can work on the local squirrel population ;D.

Treetop

Cycler
10-17-2009, 05:17 PM
The Savage web site under the Model 11FYXP3 "package series" has a youth version and says: "Black synthetic with positive checkering, 12.5" length of pull." I presume the regular M11 youth version has the same LOP.

Treetop
10-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Cycler, thanks for posting! Wouldn't you know it, that was the one place I didn't look, because we will use the scope off of her Remington 700. Treetop.

Treetop
10-20-2009, 10:01 PM
My FFL dealer finally located a Savage Model 11FYCAK Youth in .308 Winchester! He found plenty of them in .223, .243, and 7mm/08, but this was the only .308 that any of his distributors had. He ordered it today, it should be here by the weekend. He also ordered a Picatinny rail mount and 1" rings for the rifle. Mrs. Treetop can't wait...and neither can I ;D.