PDA

View Full Version : New rifle, new glass,new member.

shamrock
01-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Hello all-new guy here. I finally brought home a model 10 fcp-k chamberd in .308. I say finally because She had been in lay away for three months. During that time I've been lurking in the shadows gleaning as much info. as possible observing the forum. So I figured what better time than now to become a member. Besides I could use some help.
I've a nikon 6-18x40 mil-dot scope that I'd like to affix to the 10fcp-k. I sure could use some advice as to which mount (1 or 2 piece), and which rings to choose steel or aluminum, along with any other advice concerning rings or mounts, and the joining of scope to rifle to form one solid rig.
This rifle will be used for hunting, and bench rest target shooting all inside of 600 meters. I am grateful for any and all advice offered.
thanks, Shamrock

psharon97
01-31-2011, 12:49 AM
I would use an EGW 1 piece base with Weaver Grand Slam rings.

godale
01-31-2011, 08:36 PM
most members will say the one piece ecw mount. after much frustration that is what i got for my 114 30-06. do like your scope selection good luck!

Tim300wsm
01-31-2011, 09:12 PM
get the burris signiture rings with the offset kit its a little more than the weaver but you can zero the scope without adjusting it

txgolfer45
02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I went with EGW 20MOA mount and Burris XTR low rings on my Savage 10PC. I just ordered my scope and will be mounting it on Friday night.

helotaxi
02-01-2011, 10:43 PM
I will add another vote for the EGW base and the Burris Signature Zee rings. The one problem, if you consider it a problem, is that the Signature rings don't come in low and will leave the scope a little high on the rifle when combined with the EGW base. That would be the only reason that I might consider other rings in your case. The Burris XTRs would get my vote in that case. I've got many pairs of the Sig. rings and four of the EGW bases. All are top notch. I have the same scope (minus the mil-dot) on an AR. Pretty good glass for the money.