PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Basix Trigger

twopopper
01-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Installed a Rifle Basix trigger on my .223 axis today! Set it at 1.5# pull. Love the feel of this trigger over the factory trigger, makes it a much better gun to shot, and also improved accuracey. Can't wait to get to a range this spring to shoot off a good rest. -20 degrees here so that will be awhile!! :(

Senderofan
01-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Which model trigger did you put in? I've got a SAV-2 in my BVSS...I've got mine set @ 1.5-2 pounds. Really a nice trigger and glad I installed it on my rifle. I tried to work with the lighter spring but had a lot of problems with slam fires when testing the set up. Hope you didn't experience that? Not to knock Rifle Basix about it...just need folks to be aware.

Wayne

twopopper
01-31-2011, 08:51 PM
I installed the sav-1 trigger, Only problem I had was after installing trigger exactly as instructions showed, I would touch trigger and it would fire,did not try to slam fire. Once I got trigger set to 1.5# I tried to get it to slam fire but it has not! This being the first time I have ever installed my own trigger, I plan on being extremely carefull in handling untill I know for sure there are no issues.

Senderofan
02-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Yours is a different trigger than what I installed....I would still cycled the bolt ....like you might for a follow up shot while hunting. Mine would occasionally release the firing pin when manipulating the safety as well as a moderate cycling of the bolt. I did all of these with an empty chamber. Just want to make sure all is well before you start using your upgrades :). I've been thoroughly pleased with my new trigger....and have a very high level of trust that it will function properly...once I installed the correct spring and adjusted it.

Enjoy!

Wayne

lockwoodjohn
02-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Everyone,
I would like to change my stock trigger to a rifle basix trigger. Can the average Joe do this or should I have a rifle smith do it?
Also does the After market trigger work well with no problems. Never changed a trigger before, Just a little gun shy (no pun intended)

Thank You
Lockwood John

twopopper
02-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I put mine in myself. Install was easy, getting it ajusted properly was time consuming. If your not to sure of doing it I would get a gunsmith to do it.

Senderofan
02-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi Everyone,
I would like to change my stock trigger to a rifle basix trigger. Can the average Joe do this or should I have a rifle smith do it?
Also does the After market trigger work well with no problems. Never changed a trigger before, Just a little gun shy (no pun intended)

Thank You
Lockwood John

Depends on which model you put in. I've installed one on my Remmy...piece of cake. Then I put the SAV-2 in my BVSS...not so easy...but I understood that I would probably not be able to use the lighter of the two springs....there's a white one and a red one. Anyway...the lighter one...I was not able to rectify all the misfire issues. Close the bolt any quicker or firmer than slow and gentle...I would get a slam fire. Also at certain points...manipulating the safety caused a firing...as well as a mild setting down on the butt on a solid surface. I put the heavier spring in...and I'm at 2 pounds or so....it works flawlessly...there's no uptake or creep.....just a really great trigger. I've also upgraded two 93 17hmr rimfires with RifleBasix triggers and that has been an excellent upgrade.

Take your time....test, test, test to make sure you have a safe rifle. If you feel uncertain...take it to a competent gunsmith. I enjoy the tinkering myself....but then again I work on most of my pistol triggers to tune them up.

Wayne

twopopper
02-06-2011, 05:11 PM
The Sav-1 trigger is the only trigger from Rifle Basix that will work on the the Edge/Axis. That's what Rifle Basix told me when I ordered mine.

yooper14
03-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I put the Sav-1 trigger in an Axis .223 about a month ago. It was easy to follow the instructions, and believe me when I say I am not a talented gunsmith. The only thing I found odd is that if I set the overtravel screw so that it worked as intended, then I could not remove the bolt using the usual procedure. In order to remove the bolt as Savage intended, I had to take the barreled action off the stock again, back off the overtravel screw, and then reassemble. That allows normal bolt removal. The trigger pull is excellent - greatly improved. This may be the single best investment a person can make in making these guns a better shooter. The original trigger, at least mine, was really nasty.