PDA

View Full Version : Calling advice

efm77
01-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Hey guys,
I've just recently gotten interested in coyote hunting and puarchased a Foxpro Spitfire about a year ago and have hunted many times since then. However, I've only killed one coyote. The first few times I went out, I called one in within about 30 minutes. Ever since last spring when I killed the only one I've gotten, nothing has come in to any of the calls I play. I've tried all different sounds, different combinations, different times of the day etc. I have not tried a decoy yet. It's getting frustrating because I know we have plenty of them around. I live in western NC by the way to give you an idea of the terrain. Do any of you have any suggestions on something different to try? I appreciate any suggestions.

scott597
01-30-2011, 08:27 AM
try starting out with some less aggresive squeeks and squels on a lower volume. work your volume and call intensity up from there. it seems to work for me here in illinois in mixed terrian.

efm77
01-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks. I'll give that a try some more. I've tried some of the vole squeaks and baby rabbit squeals but maybe need to back off on the volume some. Thanks again.