PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 pre accu trigger questions??????

chromedome82
10-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Hello everyone... I'm new to the forums and see that y'all happen to be a group of nicely educated guys and gals. I have recently acquired a Savage model 10 in .308 and can not figure out what the exact make and model is... ??? Where the 10 is stamped on the barrel there are no other characters stamped afterwards. I can't find any place to enter the serial # and unfortunately I can't get an email to send to any of the mods here. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is the serial #, hope it helps.... F929445. Oh yea forgot to mention this one is a south paw.
Thanks
Adam :)

ellobo
10-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Check the Savage website to see if you can match it up with what you see there. For instance, does it have a wood or plastic stock? Hopefully someone with more info than me will chime in.

El Lobo

chromedome82
10-17-2009, 12:10 AM
I've googled the model a few times and still cant be sure.... I forgot to mention the bolt has TACTIC in it. I'm not sure if it originally said tactical or not it does have a little wear on it.

82boy
10-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Savages are not that difficult, But what you have may have had a barrel change.

Savage only offers two actions a long and a short. Measure the action bolt spacing. If the bolt spacing is 5.062, you have a long action, if you have a bolt spacing of 4.522 then it is still a long action, but uses a short action magazine, either case the gun would be a 110.

If the gun has a bolt spacing of 4.275 it is a short action. My guess is with a F SSN number this is what it is. This would make it a 10 series.

Now depending on what stock is on it and barrel would dictate the other options of the gun. Such a f is for plastic stock, G is for hardwood, B is for laminate. the model number may change a bit if it is stainless it may be a model 16 or 116, and so one.

I would not get hung up on the model number, it don't mean a hill of beans, only pay attention is it is a long or short action.

But if you must really know my guess is your rifle is a model 10fp.

pdog06
10-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Sounds like a 10fp(synthetic stock, matte blue metal finish, heavy contour barrel, either a 20 or 24 inch long barrel).

chromedome82
10-17-2009, 03:14 PM
looks good to me... I was trying to find a value on it and als thought about adding choate ultimate varmint or sniper furniture. Any ideas on this?

dcloco
10-17-2009, 03:21 PM
looks good to me... I was trying to find a value on it and als thought about adding choate ultimate varmint or sniper furniture. Any ideas on this?

Prefer the varminter style of the two Choate stocks - bottom of forend is flat, not angled. Angled forend....with a bipod or on a set of bags, is trying to collapse the bipod or riding down the sandbag.

Prefer the B & C medalist tactical over the choate varminter. Lighter, as stiff, has full aluminum bedding block, great texture, very good pistol grip, and very good cheek weld for me.

huntin1
10-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Sounds like the rifle I used for the 8 years that I was sniper on our PD's special operations team. It was a 10FP, the bolt had the word "Tactic" on it as well. The Dept. restocked it with a McMillan A2 stock. It was a good shooter and was the force behind me buying my own Savage 10FP, though mine has the accutrigger. My newer version just says "Savage" on the bolt.

huntin1