PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark barrels- Opinions wanted

savageboy
10-16-2009, 10:32 PM
I have a hold on one of the Benchmark 6br. barrels on 6mmbr. and was wondering how they compare to the Shilen Sel. Match/ LW , etc. and then a click up at Krieger, Hart, Broughton, etc. I don' t hear about them much, but I know Kevin Rayhill is a 1st class act, so just wondering what experiences you have had?

Thanks,

sinman
10-16-2009, 10:48 PM
i bet you could throw all of those barrels in a pile and pull one out and you would not know the difference. most of it is the shooter and the smith

groupshooter22
10-16-2009, 11:19 PM
I have one that Kevin chambered. Bought it used. Its a 12 twist with about 3000 rounds down it. When i bought it it had approximately 2000 I was told. Still shoots in the twos and will agg in the threes for 3, 5shot groups. My best so far is a .189 5 shot group just a couple months ago in the email matches. Likes to be clean to shoot those small ones, guess I will have to start cleaning at the range again. Oh yeah its a 6br too .272 neck. The base of the80 Bergers only go about half way into the neck at the barrels preferred seating depth.

358Hammer
10-21-2009, 10:04 AM
My experience to date is limited thus far.

What I do have are less expensive match quality barrels that clean like a dream! They bug hole and I did not have to select a specific grade. They only make match quality at this time.

They have stood the test of time and during that time look at how many world records are held by Benchmark barrels. Specifically in rimfire but there are two I know of this past year in centerfire.

SMall shop that has found their niche and do not want to change that niche just to make more money with volume. Owner operated means you do not get it without trained eyes inspecting each and every barrel.

Neal

kelbro
10-27-2009, 09:07 AM
I have a 308 Benchmark barrel that is an incredible shooter. Shoot 100 rounds and it cleans up in 3-4 patches.

roptics
10-28-2009, 09:48 PM
I have one in 7mm WSM and it is amazing. I waited 5 months for a Shilen which is good but the Benchmark is just reall, really good. Get one.

bama110
10-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I have two both shoot great and clean better then my other barrels.