PDA

View Full Version : Savage-barrels.com

Varget 7-08
01-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Anyone have any reviews for this company? Can't decide where to order my next barrel from? I'm on a limited budget and liek the options Savage-barrels offers. Thanks for any input!

My first post, long time lurker though!

82boy
01-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Please use the search feature.
If you look in the aftermarket barrels section you will find your question.
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,37804.0.html

airaddict
06-05-2011, 11:18 PM
ive been waiting 7 weeks for my 308 heavy sporter. the last i heard from them last week they said it was in fluting and the head machinist had family issues to deal with and wasnt in for a while and thats why mine went over the 5-6 week time frame. buut they said it was next in line once he returned in a day or so.

jon always responds quickly and is really courteous. hopefully ill get my barrel soon so i can put my rifle back together and get back to shooting.

brian

Savage-Barrels
06-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Savage-Barrels.com is working on shortening up the turnaround on barrels. We are happy to say that we are now stocking barrels in our inventory. Check http://www.savage-barrels.com/inventory.htm for some of the inventory that we already have. We also have (not shown in website) 260 Rem, 204 Ruger, 6.5 Creedmoor, 243 Ackley Improved, 6.5 x 47 Lapua, 6.5 x 55, 308 Winchester. You can contact me for more information. We are also adding new cartridges like the 6BR, 6 BR-X, 6mm XC, 257 Roberts Ackley Improved, 6.5 STW, 280 Ackley, 7mm WSM, 284 Winchester, 6mm Dasher and the 20 Practical among others. Keep watching our site for more information and if you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to give me a call or fire off an email.

Jon

airaddict
06-07-2011, 10:33 PM
good stuff jon,

this will be my first (prob not my last) aftermarket match quality barrel and i look foward to putting it to good use. hopefully sooner than later. thanks.

brian b

airaddict
06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
VERY EXCITED!!! my barrel should be here tomorrow via fedex. then its off to the gunsmith to be bead blasted w the action and have the muzzle break fit. then i can put her back together and she can get back to doing what she does best.....slingin lead!!

brian

airaddict
06-16-2011, 09:22 PM
well it finally came in. a day late thanks to fedex. but it looks great!

i havent had a chance to clean the chamber and bore yet but there is a lot of oil and crude in there which is to be expected.

the futing is crisp and looks nice on the mag contour.

i screwed it in my receiver and it fits good. no issues w oversize threads that u have to file down w emory cloth. it is threaded w a 11deg crown. my break fits snug w no play. hopefully i can get some pics in soon. im very satisfied w it so far.

brian b