PDA

View Full Version : DBM Magazine fit?

onesureshot
01-23-2011, 03:06 PM
I have been working on inletting a factory DBM system to fit in a Boyds Classic stock and have got everything pretty much done, just need to clean up a couple of edges and then it will be ready to be put together.

One issue I have ran into is feeding from the magazine. There is no pattern to which number cartridge it happens with, but it will start to feed, then the rear end of the cartridge will pop up above the bolt head, or the entire round will pop out of the action.

I did a search and found some people that had similar problems and they seemed to resolve it by tweaking the feed lips on the magazine, but before I try that I wanted to double check the fit of the magazine. The front / top edge of the magazine does NOT touch the bottom of the action. I found when measuring and cutting my pillars I had to have a small gap to allow the magazine to come up high enough to allow the clip to fit under the tab that sticks out on the front of the magazine and lock it in place. The gap is probably less than 1/16th of an inch or so.

Could that be my problem or do you think it is the feed lips of the magazine?

Thanks in advance for your feedback / input.

sharpshooter
01-23-2011, 08:57 PM
The magazine frame must be held to the proper height for the magazine to feed and stay in place. The rear pillar height(the distance between the mag frame and the bottom of the receiver) should be .940", the front should be .430".