PDA

View Full Version : Need left hand thumbhole for right hand long action!!!!!!!

jvshiver
01-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey guys can some of you help me out? I am looking for a laminate left hand thumbhole stock for a varmint contour barrel but its going on a right handed Savage 110. I want this to be a finished stock ready to be bedded and shoot. I was recomended from another site to order one from Richards MicroFit and did but I am completely dissatisfied with it and will be sending it back on Monday. I ordered their Target Thumbhole and the stock i received from them looks primitively inletted and is very rough finished and still needs lots of sanding and shaping. I dont mind doing a little work to one stock or finish but Im really looking for a finished stock ready to bed my action into.

helotaxi
01-23-2011, 11:32 AM
The Elk Stalker and Coyote Stalker from Stockade might be your best bet. It isn't a dedicated left hand thumbhole, though, it's ambi.

psharon97
01-24-2011, 01:22 AM
Have you tried going with a boyds laminate stock? Buy a left and stock and mill the stock for the right bolt.Fill in the left port on the stock and repaint.

sha-ul
01-25-2011, 01:03 AM
I know you said laminated, but you could look at the Choate ultimate varmint & ultimate sniper stocks, they are right hand bolt, but ambidextrous grip.

J.Baker
01-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Good luck! Left-hand pre-finished laminate thumbhole stocks are almost non-existent.

leo58
01-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Just recieved a left hand thumbhole right bolt laminate stock from Boyds. Finish was excellent. Inletting was smooth. Barrel float passed the dollar bill test out of the box. I am very happy with this strock. I think it is a bargain at 92.00. Stock was much lighter than the factory stock. If you look at these stocks read carefully because they are not available for all Savage rifles. They are only available for sporter barrels. Cleaning out the barrel channel for varmint barrel is not a really difficult job if done with some patience.

jvshiver
02-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Is there enough forearm on these sporter stocks to inlet for a 1 inch straight/ no taper barrel?

MDHOGGER
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Ditto on jvshiver's question on available space for larger contour barrels. I was trying to get an answer about this on another post. I was wanting to use a Savage Varmint contour. leo58 if you could measure the existing inletted channel at the end of the forearm (total barrel diameter) and then tell me the available flat area to the outside of the channel for extra barrel width. It would be appreciated.